Sport Betting Tips
Some people bet on sports just for fun. However, if you want to consistently make money by betting, then you need a strategy, because it is not easy to proceed without one.
Sports betting in the UK can trace its roots to the 18th and 19th centuries when people would wager on the time required to walk, hop or run a certain distance! At the end of the 19th century, punters started turning their attention to organized team sports, and the subsequent formation of the Football Association, Rugby Football Union, and Rugby League sought to rally them even more around this activity. Today, the country's online betting market is worth £650 million, attracting a gambling population of over two million customers.
The following tips will help you get it right:
- Manage your bankroll: Bankroll is the money that you can afford to lose. You are, after all, gambling. So, set aside a certain amount of money with which you can bet. Out of it, use 1 to 5 percent for each of your bets, depending on the number of bets you plan to make. Remember, never bet with money that you need. If you lose some money on a bet, don't try to get it back by increasing the value of your bets.
- Be sober and don't let our emotions affect you: Common sense, right? However, there are many who seem to forget it. Never bet when you have had a few drinks because your ability to make decisions can get impaired when you are intoxicated. The same is true when you are emotional.
- Do your homework: It is the most important part of your strategy. Analyze old games, find trends, look at statistics. Anything you can do to learn more, do it. Only then should you start betting. While, at times, your gut instinct may work for you, it won't always. It is better to back yourself through solid data.
- Choose the best available line: You will have to look at various sites and compare their offerings. Always choose the one that will give you the maximum returns.
Build a solid strategy and stick to it. Unless you are extraordinarily lucky, that's the only way you can make money out of betting on a consistent basis.
Bonus: Free £50
- Bet on a wide variety of sports, across nations.
- Betting in multiple languages. Free sign up bonuses.
Bonus: Up To £50 FREE BET TOKEN
- Score Draw Money Back Offer.
- Virtual Sports FREE Bet Offer.
Bonus: x3 Treble The Odds T&C's apply
- Triple odds on first bet. Get up to £5000 in extra earnings.
- Bet £5 on sports, get free £5 casino money.
Titan Bet Sport
Bonus: Up to £50 DEPOSIT BONUS
- Slick interface and clear instructions. Wide variety of games
- Get a 100% DEPOSIT BONUS UP TO £50
Bet on a game you understand
It is better to be a sports fan first, and gambler second. If you follow a game and watch it frequently, you'll be in a better position to make judgments than if you were to solely rely on other sources. One of the best sports betting tips an amateur can follow is to wager on a game and league that he/she genuinely enjoys and understands.
Sign up with multiple bookmakers
Online bookmakers have a focus on specific sports or sporting leagues. If you have an interest in more than one sport or follow more than one league, more options in games and odds will be available to you if you have multiple accounts. Another advantage is that you can use book-to-book funds transfers to easily shift your bankroll between books.
Don't chase losses
When you're on a losing streak, it is best to walk away, and then start afresh. If you keep trying, you'll only make more losses, creating a hard-to-break vicious cycle. It's one of the less heeded betting tips, ignoring which can wipe out your bankroll very quickly.
Start with simple bets
Sports gambling can be quite complex, and the exotic wagers are best explored after you've got a hand of the simpler bets. Start off by placing bets on the outcomes of games you're familiar with, and use the experience to evolve your gambling approach.